Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jam Up!

Not to be outdone by fellow bloggers, Marsha's extremely competive "I must Win at any cost" attitude came out, and her strawberry-picking hands went crazy. If I am not
mistaken, she did all this in under 4 hours, give or take about 3 hours either way. This was all done over an open fire in the backyard after cutting down the neighbor's tree to make the fire.


See how exciting this is! Notice the fire.


Brittany faithfully helping.


Pouring out the sticky red hot stuff!


Watching intently.


Counting the final tally. (What does the Bible say
about storing up treasure on earth?)


Just flat worn out because of their hard labor!

6 comments:

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Oh so this means "WAR huh? Well I am sorry to inform you, but I am getting 8 more quart today. If I add right that is 24 quart all together.Beat that!!

No seriously, they look very good and at least you got pics of the process which I totally forgot, imagine that.Way to go! Now the family will have jelly, thank goodness. Job well done.

Alanna said...

I would do almost anything to get my hands on one of those jars! :-) My mom and I were wanting to do freezer jam this year, but alas strawberry season happened during the end of the school year (crzy time as you know) and our family vacation. So *sigh* perhaps next year! :)

Martha C said...

I have really enjoyed your last two posts. Been there - done that with the songs issue. :-)

Char said...

THAT is A LOT of strawberry jam!! I have never ever done that much! It would take us years (literally) to use that much! Congrats Martha, I mean Marsha, Stewart!!!

sarahmfry said...

I just wish I could get my hands on one of those jars!

Blog of a College Student said...

hey! this is ruth hoschar from gbs..i just thougth i'd let you know i have a blog now.. i love loookin at your guys' blog! looks like yaal haven't changed :) ruth