Thursday, July 10, 2008

Demolition Derby




The other night Marsha and I decided to take the kids to see our local demolition derby. What an exciting night! We could actually walk there, so away we went. I have never been around so many rednecks at once in my life, I actually felt intelligent for a little bit. My wife is from West Virginia, she felt right at home, but she did leave her shoes on for the whole event though I had to convince her to keep them on. Oh did we have a time yelling at people crashing perfectly good cars, well not quite.


These little cars actually could go quite fast!


Car 2804 was one of our favorites, but you can see
a problem developing. Notice the crease by the rear window.


Well one good rear end hit and this is what happened.
We cheered with delight!!
The driver became quite angry as his drive shaft fell
to the ground. LOSER!


This guys engine became toast!


Some great action.




The final heat


O say can you see thru the smoke and the haze, this guy
got pushed clear out of contention much to all the rednecks
excitement. What fun!!

4 comments:

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Nothing like a good ole, rednecking, smash up derby. Looks like you all had a great time.

Alanna said...

I'm laughing at your comment about wvirginians. I'm practically a WVirginian myself (as I sit here w/o shoes or socks!). :)

Anonymous said...

Wait... didn't you live in Alabama?? heehee

Anonymous said...

Glad ya loved our fast lil cars. I was driving the #33 LIL Animal Ohio State car.