Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twins Turn!!

Today was a day to think back. It was fourteen years ago that I hurriedly took my wife
to a large country Amish house in PA and there in that little back room she gave birth with my assistance, haha, to our first children, Breanna and Brittany. I was privileged to hold Breanna first because for some reason my wife really did not care about holding anything, mainly because their was still another child to arrive. Thirteen minutes later Brittany arrived and I held her first as well, and for the first time, I held my twin daughters. What a moment! (This moment has now lasted fourteen years though I don't hold them like that.) They were less than 4 pounds for a while and looked liked little rats, thus our blog name. (Actually not their faces, but their little bodies and wrinkly little skin on their arms.) Well, now they have matured and no longer remind us of that, but in our eyes, beautiful young ladies. We plan on marrying them off next year. Just kidding! Anyway, what a joy they have been and so we celebrate today what God sent our way fourteen years ago. Happy Birthday girls!!!


At times we wish we would have had all girls!! Just like
his mom!


Breanna trying to get out of the camera's eye!


Me, wondering why we had boys? Shaking my head in disbelief
at our youngest.


Brittany trying to hide as well. Notice mom's corrective hand.


I made this at Walmart!


Breanna in pink and Brittany in green.


Opening some of their cards!


For their birthday present, they wanted us to
redecorate their room. Not sure what all will be done,
but we will allow them to pick out the colors and
fix it according to their tastes! Any decorators, please come
and help!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Breanna and Brittany!

The Youngs said...

I cannot believe they are 14. Happy birthday girls. I remember them as the little girls running around BMCS campus. Wow! I feel old.