Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Musing

If you should ever come to our house on a Sunday, here is a sampling of what might occur on any given one. For most, unfortunately, it is a day of relaxation, not at our house, it is a day of service and worship. For those of you who feel that you fulfill your Christian responsibilities throughout the week and Sunday is a day off, SHAME on you! What I do during the week has absolutely nothing to do with what I do on Sunday. By the way, I have two full time jobs and one of those is in Christian Service.
And so here we go!


Breanna and Brittany applying the last touches.


Zac finishing up his Cheerios.


Brooklynn ready to go and waiting for the rest.


Trenton heading out the door.


My wife, well I could spend a lot of time here telling
you what I think of this fine, fine lady!


And me, moving on...


A small herd of deer across from the church when we
arrive. The one off to the right is a nice little buck.


Getting ready to teach my Sunday School class.


Now I am leading the worship service.
We started acapella with "Come Holy Spirit."
Then "Holy, Holy, Holy." Followed by "We're
Marching to Zion." And finally "My Jesus, I Love
Thee," and we went into "I Love You, Lord"
acapella to end our worship service.


Marsha playing for one of the special songs this morning.
Both specials were outstanding. Boy she is good
and lovely and.....oops we are in church.


Today was fellowship Sunday with "Dinner on the Ground."
The ladies are setting up and getting ready to serve.
It was excellent food today. Wow!


We had four extra kids come home with us today after
the meal. So much for napping!


Having fun!!!!!


Now I am getting ready for Junior church. Bet you
can't guess the theme.


Unfortunately we cannot set up a lot because we have
to take it down every week because of the gym being
used, but we do the best we can.


All the children have arrived, I think we had close to 70.


Telling the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and To bed i go
using helpers to illustrate the story. Don't often do it this
way but it worked well tonight.


Who knows what I am doing here but I am sure it was
good! Ha!

Anyway, what a wonderful day it was and I am glad it is
now over. Our family had church today, I hope yours did
as well. And should you come next week to our house,
guess what, you are going to get more of the same and it
never gets old. That's my story and I am sticking by it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! you have TOO full time jobs. Teaching English isn't one of them huh??

Hope all is well with you guys.
Tim Makcen

Bryan and Marsha said...

Ok, you got me, thanks for helping me out! Good to hear from you!

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

You all sure keep yourselves very busy. Really a neat thing to capture, we never stop and just take note of a Sunday. Very nicely done and dont stop doing what your doing, you all are doing a fine job. Thanks for sharing.

Alanna said...

Enjoyed journeying through your Sunday!