Sunday, January 11, 2009

Damascus Road Trio First Concert

This past November when I was laid off from work, I was somewhat forced into looking for additional work. I placed resumes in various places and searched for a job. While doing so, I asked my wife if she minded if I checked Singing News to see if there were any openings for singing part time. There were several and so I began to check them out. One of the first groups that I called was Damascus Road Trio. They were needing another singer and I called Eric and we had a great conversation on the phone. This turned into a tryout and the rest is history. Today was my first mini-concert with them and it was a joy. God has now given me my two greatest desires in one year after both were taken away, working in a Christian School and singing part-time just enough to scratch the itch. Thank you Lord for your goodness and kindness to me, it is so undeserved. Here are the guys, Dan, the little Mexican, Eric, the beaming baldy, and myself, scruffy! We are not great but we enjoy singing and ministering, hopefully I can do both for them.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

And you were my Highschool English teacher!!! Can I get your autograph? lol Glad a dream is coming true! Tell Mrs. P I said Hi!!