Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our New Home and Update

Guess what? We are finally back online after our extended absence. The move is complete and we are settled in to our new home in Marion, OH. How exciting to post again and update new information. (By the way, this is Bryan posting for Marsha.) However, I noticed not much has changed since we have been away on other blogs, Brenda is still posting pictures with fancy graphics all over them, Trisha is still posting pics of Nic, and Char is still complaining that God only gave her 24 hours to get alllllll her stuff finished. You could give her 36 hours to get it done and it would not get done. Anyway, I guess that's what blogs are for.

We moved on November 14th to Marion and what a day that was. In the middle of packing the truck, we noticed that Copper (our new puppy) was missing. My heart sank as low as it could go. Tears were in my kids eyes and almost in mine. I prayed, "Lord, not today! She can't disappear today!" but she was gone. Packing stopped and an all-out search party was started. Up and down streets hollering and praying to God and He ANSWERED! She was about three streets down tied up at a construction site. Oh how I thanked God for showing us where she was.

Then later on in the day, I looked up and a policeman was writing up my daughter and a couple of her cousins for playing on the train tracks. Great, we get arrested on our last day in Cincinnati. It's not like you can't hear the train whistle or the train approaching and move a couple of feet so it can pass. Anyway, they all got a warning and he left the scene-hope he feels better.

Both of my boys had a bad rash on their skin, and it had been there for several days, and I admit it wasn't getting better. However, one of my nameless sisters convinced everybody that those rashes could be serious and "life-threatening" if not checked out immediately. So off my wife goes to the emergency room with two kicking boys to make sure they would survive the night. Again, God answered prayer! as they were diagnosed with the dreaded disease of impotagoviralosusdangerouso or something like that.

Finally, we arrived in Marion about 7:00 P.M. What took us over six hours to load took the men of the church about 1:15 minutes to unload. Amazing and wonderful!! Thank the Lord again. Well here are some pics of the new place.






7 comments:

Valorie Quesenberry said...

Glad you're settled in your new home. Congats, guys. What a moving day story! Hope your December is a good one.

Jody J said...

Glad that's over for you! Moving days aren't fun. Hope you all have a great Christmas in your new home.

Trisha said...

Hey...I do change my blog sometimes and put up pics of other people also... :) I miss you guys at church, but I am glad you get to be where you are at! I love your new house it is so big! Well keep checking my blog anyways!! :)

Brenda said...

Boy, am I glad I updated my blog tonight with "just regular" pictures! :-)

Glad your move went well! The house looks great and I love all the cabinet space in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

The house looks great. I'm glad things seem to be working out. Hope you have a great Christmas!!

Beth Stetler said...

Everything looks great! Keep the posts coming. I love to keep up with what is happening with everybody!

Tom B said...

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Potteiger. This is Tom Babbage from BMCS been a while hope you guys are doing well. Hope you guys have a great Christmas