Saturday, March 17, 2007

A sad note

Thankfully State Competition is over!! The choral group placed first so we get to go to Bob Jones University!! They are quite excited. I am taking 40 students and 7 or more adults. It should be interesting! I am still recovering from it as well as the time change!!! I had someone take pics, but they didn't turn out! Oh well! Better luck next time.

I am now just trying to get my choir ready for their 2 services and nationals. They are having a hard time concentrating because of OGT testing and the weather. But, life does go on.

I read my mail this morning and was saddened to learn the Roger Bennett of Legacy Five passed away. He was only 48 years old. I always enjoyed watching him and listening to him. My heart goes out to his wife and children. Another southern gospel musician has passed on.

I also found out today that our neighbor lady has breast cancer. She came out when I was unloading the groceries from the van and asked us to pray for her and the family. She is trusting God no matter the outcome! So many hurting people! So why do I complain?

If I didn't have God to trust, then I have no idea how I would make it!!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

Maybe Troy will see you at BJ. He has done some vocal judging during other competitions here.

Trisha said...

I can't belive you guys won without me : Just kidding..I am so glad you guys get to go again! I hope you all do great and have a wonderful time!